Friday, September 24, 2004

two crazy days

work is fine but kinda boring now..once again its the after work activities that keep me going. haha..not that i worked on thurs :P

took off on thurs cuz a) my mum's birthday (so..Happy Birthday Mom!) b) my occupational theraphy and c) i just want some time off. went for birthday lunch at some jap place at novena sq. food was good..but my mum overordered and i had to run off to keep my appointment with my funky therapist. that was good :) had a wax thingy of my hand to help loosen the muscles and a warm pack for the shoulder and after that did some exercises which i'm supposed to do regularly but keep forgetting haha..and then i was done! but my arm was feeling the strain. anyways..pool doesn't need my left arm haha..

went to gf after that..to meet westin and alex and galvin. westin's got his new cue so heh..we all had to go down to view it.. really nice and all..just felt a bit light to me haha..but i'm nuts so can ignore my comment on it, and then i realised. gee...! its been such a long while since we came together as a group. and i was saying that..my "bust the lights out" came by and thus the reunion of sorts was complete. haha..he was ranting abt uncle scroogey being the ntu cuesports club coach..haha..i don't blame him. anyways galvin's still quite sharp..alex's improving..westin's still really sharp and benny..haha..goodness knows what all that studyin has done to that player..! made a deal amongst us that we should go out for a makan before i go in.

anyways..partly the reason we were there was because of westin's cue..the other however..was that it was dennis' ROM. so congrats to the newlyweds and many happy years ahead! had a buffet dinner and then more pool. justin (gf) organised a mini tournament, single elim, $5 buy-in, race to 7. haha..first round met justin but managed to put up a fight of sorts..well.. lets just put it as i've got a long way to go to beat them. after that me, alex and zhenjie played on then left ard 11..

and yeash i was late for work cuz i couldn't get up.. :P can't help it if my bed's too nice, my pillow's too soft, my bolsters too huggable rite? and work was quite a bore haha..happened to 'keng' a bit more today..nearly beat my minesweeper intermediate score of 138 secs but killed myself on the last mine at 130 secs.. -___- then after work dropped by cartel to say hi to lisa before heading back to gf for day2 :P haha..

which started out quite well..played bryan from hsb again, not too bad..really nice guy to spar with and train against. then guard caught his eye and his wallet and he proceeded to earn a bit of moolah from these bunch of ginas playing guard haha..sort of a hustle of sorts..continued to train on my own and managed a break clear..(its been awhile since i had one) and then sparred with zhenjie losing 5-7 and then beating him 9-6 later on that nite. all in all a good nite..learnt some shots and position play..found some errors and correcting them. a really good nite for me today..

anyways just to end off with a quote, "you can't have a better tomorrow if you keep thinking about yesterday all the time." (yes its from the NEL :P)

p.s. when we had our reunion we took a couple of photos of our 'partners' (some wives, girlfriends or mistresses =X) and its all here photos! or you could go to the link called "photos and calendar" on the side bar

No comments: