Saturday, February 14, 2004

had my medical today and boy was it crap. i got a pes b status when i can't even lift my own weight. shall have to go settle that asap. prob get my therapist and doctor to write letters to help me downgrade.

then went to play pool. yes like yesterday, i was playing like crap. shooting was off, position play was off and the break was somewhere on mars or sth. all the racks i broke all ended up with zilch on the break. i guess what saved me from paying was the lucky flukes and some funky two way shots. (me, jere, louis, imran - winner stay race to 6, last 3 pay) snooped till pple wanted to chop my head off. and jere..the bk only has ONE owner :P and it heeds my commands. hahaha..unfortunately it heeded them too well and even my break was affected.

went for yf after that. and it was a throughly edifying message about "What to Pray". went through the Lord's prayer and its meaning and importance to why we should pray in that way. also that when we pray, we must say it with confidence that it is granted already (for things according to His will) and that they shouldn't sound like words that we're just made to say without meaning and conviction. i esp think Prob 30:8-9 is all the more meaningful to me. "Proverbs 30:8-9 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: 9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain." truly are we like that, is our dependence on God only limited to asking for our daily needs only when we run short or when we are in very deep need?

No comments: