Wednesday, February 15, 2006

the calm before the storm

did i mention in my previous posts how busy in camp i was, well apart from yesterday, the entire week/month (or rather two months) have been just running from place to place doing various sorts of rubbish.

today on office duty, there was another screw-up. one that i would have never have done if not for the 'helpfulness' of a colleague. see, at the end of the day we lock up everything, doors, drawers, cupboards etc. so heres how it goes, my colleague has a meeting that ends late, so i keep the office open for him, he changes and while he is doing that i leave the room key in the door lock so that he can help me lock up after he is done while i lock up the other rooms. so assuming he has, i take my leave only to have my s3 (who is on duty) call up my ops wo who calls up my ops spec who calls me up to ask why i didn't lock up properly. i get screwed ard by my ops wo till i get to the part abt my colleague and then he tells me "ummm..like that ah."

thing is, my colleague happily changed, walked out and closed the door without locking it, so leaving the key where i left it, in the door lock. if it were me, i would prob just take the initiative and just lock it up since i'm the last to use the room, but i forget, its not me.

so with some luck, i'll just get screwd by my s3 tmrw, if i'm lucky, a serious reprimand, if i'm not, prob just extra duties. and i have just one guy to thank.


so the moral of the above f.stupid story is that if you depend on people, the one who gets screwed in the end is you.

No comments: