Saturday, March 27, 2004

nightmarish

sighh..played my first match for team 'Ice Cream' though i like didn't wanna play but got played out cuz galvin couldn't make it at the last minute and it was a freakin nightmare. lost like all 4 of my matches. need to do a post mortem on what went wrong and then forget abt the whole episode and play better next match ard. anyways we lost 7-9 or rather 7-11 (cuz of their female player).

a) i guess i gotta work on my 8 ball strategy and tactics -- know when to chiong and when to play safe.
b) work on my shooting, realised that during warm up i was shooting fine. no problems but i started to freeze up playing in the game itself, like i tended to be much more careful with the shots i was hitting during the game whereas in practice i was free-wheeling. think that really affected my game. the sub conscious telling me to hit softly and the mind thinking too much.
c) i should play like a nobody. cuz basically i am no one they are familiar with and dun know my standard, so its a confidence thingy i guess. if you got the confidence you can be beating champions.
d) not to freeze up like a dead possum.

i feel my 9 ball game coming back but my 8 ball game nowhere near where it possibly could be. break's getting better all the time. stroke's coming back.

"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

No comments: